Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.
Jeff has a background that started out initially in rural primary care after graduating from the PA Program at Emory University in 2007. After several years in practicing in southern Oregon, Jeff made his way up to Portland, and in 2013 joined the inpatient Palliative Care team at OHSU.
Jeff is passionate about helping patients experiencing serious illness, along with their families, navigate the many complex discussions, decisions, and symptoms they encounter. In addition to seeing patients in the hospital, Jeff is a regular lecturer and speaker for both the PA program and throughout the hospital and university. He has also been a teacher for PA students interested in Palliative Care. In addition to his activities at OHSU, he is a national speaker, and is the Past President and currently on the Board of the Physician Assistants in Hospice and Palliative Care (PAHPM), the national group for all PAs practicing or with interest in Palliative Medicine and Hospice.
More about Jeff, he lives in Portland with his husband and two dogs. They love to travel--whether it be finding new spots in Oregon, or on the other side of the world.
- B.A., 1999, Kalamazoo College
- M.P.H., 2002, Master of International Health (MIH), Curtin University of Technology, School of Public Health
- M.M.S., 2007, Emory University, School of Medicine, Physician Assistant Program
- Accredited and Certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
Memberships and associations
- Physician Assistants in Hospice and Palliative Medicine (PAHPM)— President 2018-2019, Board Member
- American Academy of Physician Assistants(AAPA)—Fellow Member
- Oregon Society of Physician Assistants (OSPA)—Fellow Member
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine(AAHPM)—Fellow Member
- Physician Assistant Education Association (PAEA)—Fellow Member