Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.
Dr. Koerner is anesthesiologists and neurointensivist, whose research focuses on ways to employ the inflammatory response after brain injury to simultaneously limit damage and enhance recovery. Dr. Koerner completed her anesthesiology residency in Germany and obtained a doctorate degree from Johannes Gutenberg-University in Mainz. After completing post-doctoral and clinical fellowships at OHSU, she joined OHSU faculty as a clinician-scientist. She is Vice Chair for Critical Care in the Department of Anesthesiology & Perioperative Medicine and serves as Medical Director of the Neurosciences Intensive Care Unit at OHSU. Her research on the role of microglia after stroke and cardiac arrest has received funding from the NIH and AHA.
- Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany, 2003
- Postdoctoral Fellowship Neuroscience, OHSU, 2006
- Critical Care Medicine, OHSU, 2006
- German Board of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, 2007
- American Board of Anesthesiology, 2012
- United Council for Neurological Subspecialties, Neurocritical Care, 2013
Memberships and associations
- Society for Neuroscience in Anesthesiology and Critical Care, Secretary/Treasurer
- Association of University Anesthesiologists (elected)
- American Heart Association
- International Anesthesia Research Society
- Fellow, Neurocritical Care Society