I see patients at
Address700 S.W. Campus DrivePortland, Oregon 97239
Dr. Burns specializes in the care of critically-ill infants and children, including those who are traumatically-injured. She recently completed a fellowship in pediatric critical care here at OHSU Doernbecher. She practiced in Montana before excitedly returning to DCH as faculty in summer 2016. Erin has and continues to travel extensively, providing medical services to children of developing nations, including post-operative care of congenital heart surgery. Most recently she has joined medical missions to Vietnam, Haiti, and the Dominican Republic.
In her spare time, she enjoys spending quality time with her husband Beech, daughter Gretchen, and their two lovable dogs Pablo and Potato. They enjoy trying out new restaurants in Portland (especially those that are dog-friendly), skiing at Mt. Hood in the winter, and camping in the summer. Erin is learning to play the fiddle, which her family does not especially enjoy listening to! She also enjoys hikes, birding, and the latest Netflix series (making sure to keep screen time to a 2-hour-per-day maximum).
- M.D., 2009, University of Connecticut School of Medicine
- Pediatrics, Oregon Health & Science University, 2012
- Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, Oregon Health & Science University, 2015
- American Board of Pediatrics, General Pediatrics, 2012
- American Board of Pediatrics, Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, 2016
Memberships and associations
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Society of Critical Care Medicine