Locations and contactI see patients at
Dr. Eric McClellan specializes in caring for kids with heart problems. He has advanced training in cardiac intensive care and specializes in caring for children before and after heart surgery. Dr. McClellan was drawn to this area of medicine because of a desire to help children in their most serious times of need and a desire to contribute to the care of children who are born with heart abnormalities. Dr. McClellan is incredibly grateful for the opportunity to share in this work alongside an excellent team and finds great satisfaction in the ability to make a difference in the lives of his patients.
When Dr. McClellan is not at the hospital, you will probably find him out exploring the wilderness with his wife and their two children, or finding new ways to enjoy the beauty around us. He also enjoys practicing calligraphy and writing in cursive.
Education and training
- M.D., 2011, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
- B.S., 2007, University of Riverside
- Pediatrics, Loma Linda University, 2015
- Pediatric Cardiology, University of Michigan, 2022
- Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, University of Utah, 2019
- American Board of Pediatrics, Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, 2020
- American Board of Pediatrics, General Pediatrics, 2015
- American Board of Pediatrics, Pediatric Cardiology, 2022
Memberships and associations:
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American College of Cardiology
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Society
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.