I see patients at
Address3303 S. Bond AvenuePortland, Oregon 97239
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.
Caryn Epstein is a Physician Assistant and part of the Advanced Heart Failure & Transplant team at Knight Cardiovascular Institute. She was born and raised in Long Beach, California, and recently relocated to Portland after 17 years in New York City. Prior to studying medicine, she worked at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, where she led quality improvement initiatives and developed and managed the Patient and Family Advisory Council. She has a passion for health education and communication, as well as in advancing health literacy in underserved patient populations.
Outside of work, she enjoys cooking, cycling, hiking, exploring new neighborhoods, traveling, and seeing live music.
- B.A., 2007, Columbia University
- M.P.H., 2015, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- M.P.H.S., 2020, Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Science
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants, 2020
Memberships and associations
- American College of Cardiology
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Oregon Society of Physician Assistants