I see patients at
Address3270 SW Pavilion LoopPortland, Oregon 97239
Dr. Caughey is the chair of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and associate dean for Women’s Health Research and Policy, OHSU School of Medicine. He is nationally recognized as a dedicated clinician, accomplished educator and prolific researcher.
In his clinical practice, Dr. Caughey has a special interest in diabetes in pregnancy. His research interests over the past decade have focused on utilizing a broad array of methodologies including standard biostatistical techniques as well as decision and cost-effectiveness analysis to address questions in obstetrics and maternal-fetal medicine regarding post-term pregnancy, preeclampsia, and diabetes in pregnancy, obesity and weight gain, as well as prenatal diagnosis.
Dr. Caughey grew up in South King County in Washington, and trained in Boston and San Francisco. He recently returned to the Pacific Northwest and to OHSU, in particular, because of the opportunity to lead a talented department and to impact women’s health across Oregon. When he is not working, Dr. Caughey is usually playing with his children or spending time at the theater or concert hall (watching or performing).
- B.S., 1989, University of Washington
- M.D., 1995, Harvard Medical School
- M.P.H., 2001, University of California, Berkeley
- Ph.D., 2006, University of California, Berkeley
- Brigham and Women's Hospital, 1999
- Fellowship in obstetric ultrasound, UCSF, 2000
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2004
Memberships and associations
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists