16th Annual Pacific Northwest Prostate Cancer Conference
Registration is based on location
Fee: $35 (Includes lunch, conference materials and parking.)
This is a multi-site conference with locations at OHSU (Portland, OR), UW (Seattle, WA) and UBC (Vancouver, BC).
Saturday, September 24, 2016
8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. (check-in begins at 8:00 a.m.)
Collaborative Life Sciences Building
3rd floor lecture halls, 3A003
2730 SW Moody Avenue, Portland, OR
At the premier prostate cancer conference in the Northwest for patients and their families, the OHSU Knight Cancer Institute, in conjunction with the University of Washington School of Medicine and the University of British Columbia Cancer Agency Research Centre bring together the foremost experts on prostate cancer to present and discuss the latest findings regarding prostate cancer treatment, prevention, survivorship and scientific progress.
The conference will provide a state-of-the-art update on prevention and early detection of prostate cancer, treatment of localized prostate cancer, medical management of advanced prostate cancer, and current status of knowledge about the role of nutrition in prostate cancer. Highlights of recent scientific progress and a survey of current clinical trials likely to change the standard of care in the coming years will be prominently featured.
In addition, attendees will learn about coping with the diagnosis of prostate cancer. Sexuality in prostate cancer survivors will also be addressed.
The program includes ample opportunities for audience participation.
Who should attend?
- Patients with prostate cancer
- Men at risk for prostate cancer
- Families and loved ones
- Advocates for progress against prostate cancer
- Anyone with an interest in prostate cancer
2016 conference agenda
Driving and parking
- Session 1: Robotic Prostatectomy (Ellis, UW); Radiation Therapy (Hung, OHSU); PSA Recurrence (Graff, OHSU); High Risk Prostate Cancer (Goldenberg, UBC)
- Session 2: Q&A panel (session 1 speakers); Translational Research (Alumkal, OHSU); Castration-resistant Pca (Beer, OHSU); New Treatments (Higano, UW); Q&A panel (session 2 speakers)
- Session 3: Exercise (Winters-Stone, OHSU); Sexuality/Intimacy (Zarowski, UBC); Survivorship (Lutz, UBC)
*Note: The recording for Dr. Mark Moyad's presentation is unavailable.