Joining OHSU as a new faculty member can seem like a dizzying process. To help in this, the School of Medicine Faculty Affairs team has put together some valuable resources to help guide you through the process.
While meant more for department administrators who will be tasked with helping you get acclimated to OHSU, the above page may be useful to new faculty in order to get a brief sense of what some of your first days and weeks at OHSU will look like.
The orientation page has a wealth of resources that will help you learn more about the School's senior leadership and point you in the direction of training opportunities and other learning resources. You can also expect to find:
- The School of Medicine Faculty Handbook.
- Directories of Departments, Centers and Institutes and Department Chairs.
- Information of the School of Medicine Faculty Compacts and the Faculty First initiative.
In addition to the faculty specific resources above, Human Resources has developed a more general onboarding page for new employees. This page includes:
- Links to orientation materials.
- A checklist of to do items.
- Information about new employee paperwork.
- And more.