The National Hispanic Medical Association and its partners are hosting a virtual briefing series on COVID-19. Briefings will address lessons learned from the COVID-19 pandemic on managing chronic care patients, mental health, and the future of health care delivery.
A number of clinical departments are also live streaming their weekly grand rounds sessions.
Department of Medicine Grand Rounds - Tuesdays, 8:00 - 9:00 AM - Website
Dermatology Grand Rounds - Wednesdays, 7:30 - 9:00 AM - Website
Neurology Grand Rounds - Wednesdays, 8:00 - 9:00 AM - Website
Pediatric Grand Rounds - Thursdays, 8:00 - 9:00 AM - Website
Psychiatry Grand Rounds - Tuesdays, 12:00 - 1:00 PM - Website
Surgery Grand Rounds - Mondays, 7:30 - 8:30 AM - Website
- Compass is OHSU's Learning Management system that catalogs a wide array of educational offerings available to OHSU clinicians. Topics include Epic, infection control, performance improvement, and more.
- Time: Variable, ranging from short online modules to multi-day in-person trainings
- Cost: Free
- The OHSU Performance Excellence System is the way in which OHSU strives to deliver excellence for our patients, today and tomorrow. Topics include: OPEx overview, OPEx Daily Management System, OPEx problem solving, and Change Acceleration Process.
- Time: Classes range from 75 minutes to two and a half days.
- Cost: Free
- CultureVision, which is akin to a Wikipedia of culture, is an online resource that provides information about general cultural archetypes, practices, and preferences for ethnic, religious and other groups, ranging from people with specific disabilities, to racial groups, to faith traditions including Taoism and Atheism. CultureVision is created by Cook Ross, Inc., creators of the OHSU Unconscious Bias curriculum. You can read more about CultureVision on the OHSU blog.
- Cost: Free to OHSU faculty, students and staff. To access for free, navigate from O2 (under the Healthcare tab) or from Epic.
- There are a broad range of CME offerings available right at OHSU. There are over 50 grand rounds series offered throughout the year, in addition to a number of day long and multi-day conferences.
- Time: Offerings range from one hour to four and a half days.
- Cost: Variable, based on course
- Your societies often have resources to improve your clinical practice.
- Learn how to use statistical process control charts to make better decisions with data.
- Time: Options range from four hours, to a 20 hour (10 session) course. Contact Ken DeVane email@example.com if you are interested in applying to attend one of the courses.
- Cost: Free