The National Hispanic Medical Association (NHMA) invites participants for their 25th Annual Hispanic Health Conference (March 24–27, 2022, Crystal City, VA). OHSU faculty are invited to submit presentation proposals focused on clinical care, research and medical education related to improving Hispanic health and health equity. All at OHSU, including students, are also welcome to submit poster session proposals to present their research or service-learning targeting Hispanic health.
Registration fee: $500 ($175 for residents, $75 for students)
Deadline for Posters: February 6, 2022
Please join for the next session of the Transgender Health Program's Quarterly Grand Rounds program. The program aims to elevate and
center the voices of transgender and gender diverse (TGD) communities. This series will educate providers to eliminate disparities within healthcare and promote equity, healing, and visibility.
January 26, 2022, noon - 1 p.m.
- Compass is OHSU's Learning Management system that catalogs a wide array of educational offerings available to OHSU clinicians. Topics include Epic, infection control, performance improvement, and more.
- Time: Variable, ranging from short online modules to multi-day in-person trainings
- Cost: Free
- The OHSU Performance Excellence System is the way in which OHSU strives to deliver excellence for our patients, today and tomorrow. Topics include: OPEx overview, OPEx Daily Management System, OPEx problem solving, and Change Acceleration Process.
- Time: Classes range from 75 minutes to two and a half days.
- Cost: Free
- CultureVision, which is akin to a Wikipedia of culture, is an online resource that provides information about general cultural archetypes, practices, and preferences for ethnic, religious and other groups, ranging from people with specific disabilities, to racial groups, to faith traditions including Taoism and Atheism. CultureVision is created by Cook Ross, Inc., creators of the OHSU Unconscious Bias curriculum. You can read more about CultureVision on the OHSU blog.
- Cost: Free to OHSU faculty, students and staff. To access for free, navigate from O2 (under the Healthcare tab) or from Epic.
- There are a broad range of CME offerings available right at OHSU. There are over 50 grand rounds series offered throughout the year, numerous online CME options, as well as a number of day long and multi-day conferences.
- Time: Offerings range from 30 minutes to four and a half days.
- Cost: Variable, based on course, with many options being available for fre
- The MedEd Moments Series was designed and created by dedicated faculty development specialists in the UAB Dept. of Medicine to be widely applicable across the profession. Through a series of learning vignettes, MedEd Moments addresses important and often unmet needs in topic areas including: Setting Expectations, Giving Feedback, Teaching Procedures, Improving the Learning Climate, and Enhancing Evaluations.
- Marquam Talks are virtual talks showcasing the research and clinical advances of OHSU faculty on timely topics. All talks will end with a question and answer period with the speaker.
- Your societies often have resources to improve your clinical practice.
- Learn how to use statistical process control charts to make better decisions with data.
- Time: Options range from four hours, to a 20 hour (10 session) course. Contact Ken DeVane email@example.com if you are interested in applying to attend one of the courses.
- Cost: Free
- The Avel Gordly Center for Healing provides trainings for healthcare and social service providers about sensitive and culturally responsive treatment for African-Americans.
- Fill out the Request Outreach or Training form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org to get in contact about training and outreach.
- This free online training developed by The HHS Office of Minority Health (OMH) is designed to develop maternal health care providers' knowledge and skills related to culturally and linguistically appropriate services (CLAS) in order to help eliminate disparities facing communities of color today.
- Available on-demand (~2 hours in length)
Live Streamed CME Content
Travel-Free CME - Wednesdays, Noon - 1:00 PM - Website
Department of Medicine Grand Rounds - Tuesdays, 8:00 - 9:00 AM - Website
Dermatology Grand Rounds - Wednesdays, 7:30 - 9:00 AM - Website
Neurology Grand Rounds - Wednesdays, 8:00 - 9:00 AM - Website
Pediatric Grand Rounds - Thursdays, 8:00 - 9:00 AM - Website
Psychiatry Grand Rounds - Tuesdays, 12:00 - 1:00 PM - Website
Surgery Grand Rounds - Mondays, 7:30 - 8:30 AM - Website