Looking for mentorship and guidance as you prepare your promotion packet for January? The P&T Peer Mentorship Program can provide Assistant Professors with a P&T focused mentor who will offer advice and assistance through the latter stages of the promotion and tenure process. SoM faculty who are planning to apply for promotion to Associate Professor in Jan. 2024 should considering signing up now. Learn more using the link above.
Promotion and tenure can seem daunting. To help in this process, the School of Medicine Faculty Affairs team has put together, and maintains, a valuable resource page to help guide you through the process.
This Promotion and Tenure faculty page has a wealth of resources to help you understand the P&T process as well as tips from colleagues to help with the process. In addition to finding key information about P&T policies, criteria and procedures, you can expect to find:
- Information on Updating your CV in the era of COVID-19
- An Annotated Guide to the SoM CV
- A presentation on Assessing Faculty Readiness for Promotion
- A Guide to Writing Personal Statements
- OHSU's Educator's Portfolio Guidelines
- A link to a list of Departmental Promotion and Tenure Committee Chairs
- As well as many other guides, templates and reference documents designed to help you through the P&T process.
Make sure to check back often for updated resources and to stay informed of dates for application openings or other key deadlines.
The Professional Development Series, developed by the Office of Educational Improvement and Innovation, is an annual series of workshops designed for new-to-OHSU or early career faculty (though post-docs, grad students, staff and faculty at any stage are encouraged to attend whichever sessions look helpful to them as well).
This session, which covers promotion and tenure, will be split into three parts:
- 9 - 10 a.m.: Promotion and Tenure from Provost-level
- 10 - 11 a.m.: Educator's Portfolios and CVs
- 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.: Breakouts for Promotion by School (Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry, Public Health, Centers/Institutes)
You can attend the entire three and half hours or come and go depending on the content that fits your needs. Register for this session and find details for the remaining sessions in the series from the Compass link above (or search "PDS" in Compass).
Thurs., Nov. 16, 9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.