Locations and contactI see patients at
OHSU Diagnostic Imaging Clinic, Marquam Hill (OHSU Hospital)
Address3181 SW Sam Jackson Park RdPortland, Oregon 97239
Bryan Foster, M.D. is a Professor of Diagnostic Radiology and the Section Chief of Body Imaging. He joined the faculty in 2011 and works in the body imaging section. Dr. Foster grew up in Glens Falls, NY. He attended Bucknell University in central Pennsylvania. He then spent nine years in medical school and residency at Boston University, where he was chief resident. His final year of subspecialty fellowship training was in abdominal imaging at the University of Utah.
Dr. Foster is skilled in all facets of imaging including radiography, fluoroscopy, ultrasound, CT and MRI. His interests include oncologic, biliary, pancreatic, prostate imaging as well as complex image-guided biopsies. He has been named Diagnostic Radiology Teacher of the Year and selected as Honored Educator for the Radiological Society of North America. Recently Dr. Foster co-edited a radiology textbook: Diagnostic Imaging: Genitourinary, 4th ed. In his free time Dr. Foster enjoys spending time with his family and being in the outdoors of the Northwest, skiing, cycling or hiking.
Education and training
- M.D., 2005, Boston University School of Medicine
- Transitional Internship- Surgical Intern of the Year; Newton-Wellesley Hospital, Newton, MA 2006
- Diagnostic Radiology Residency, Boston Medical Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, 2010
- Abdominal Imaging Fellowship, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, 2011
- American Board of Radiology, 2010
Memberships and associations:
- Radiologic Society of North America
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- Society of Abdominal Radiology
- American College of Radiology
- Society of Radiologists in Ultrasound
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.