- Cancer and Blood Disorders
Special focus on
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Hematologic Malignancies
- M.D., Harvard Medical School 2001
- Ph.D., Harvard University 2001
- Internal medicine, Stanford University, 2004
- Hematology, medical oncology, and blood & marrow transplantation, Stanford University, 2008
- Hematology, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology, American Board of Internal Medicine
Dr. Chen is a specialist in lymphoma and related malignancies. His research focuses on new treatments for lymphoma, and he has a particular interest in cellular immunotherapy such as chimeric antigen receptor T cell therapy (CAR-T). Dr. Chen attended Yale for college and then went to Harvard for his MD and PhD. He did his residency and fellowship training at Stanford before joining OHSU. He is past chair of the Patient Services Committee for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and is a member of national guideline and FDA advisory committees.
Memberships and associations
- American Society of Hematology
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Society of Blood and Marrow Transplantation
4.8 out of 5 (141 Ratings, 36 Comments)
The patient ratings score is an average of all responses to the question "How likely would you be to recommend this provider to your family and friends (on a scale of 0 to 10)" on our nationally-recognized NRC patient surveys.
- Sep 19, 2019
Excellent. Very thorough exam.
- Sep 08, 2019
I think Dr. Chen is very intelligent, very well informed, cares about his patients and is a thorough, thoughtful doctor.
- Sep 06, 2019
It was a very positive experience.
- May 09, 2019
He listens and responds in such a way that I knowI am participating in my care.
- May 04, 2019
This place relly designed to take care patients. Thank you.
- Apr 25, 2019
- Apr 14, 2019
I'm completely satisfied with Dr. Chen's (INAUDIBLE).
- Mar 31, 2019
Andy Chen is very direct sometimes too direct but very knowledgeable and Jackie helps keep whole experience in perspective. I guess that's it.
- Mar 15, 2019
- Mar 04, 2019
Very professional and courteous