At the OHSU Knight Cancer Institute, we understand that the end of cancer treatment is an important milestone but not the end of your needs. That's why we offer survivorship services to ease your fears, help you handle difficulties and put you on a path to reaching your full potential.
- Programs specifically for children, young adults and other groups of patients
- Support for managing fears and challenges
- Access to rehabilitation services for short- and long-term side effects
- Social services for help with work, financial or other difficulties
- Support groups and classes
Why cancer survivorship programs?
The end of cancer treatment can feel abrupt. Some patients may feel suddenly alone or overly fearful that their cancer will return. Side effects and depression are common, and some patients face difficulties with relationships or work. Our services can give you the support you need to move forward with confidence.
Our cancer survivor services
- Adolescent and Young Adult Oncology Program: We offer Oregon's only program to provide support for cancer patients ages 15 to 39.
- Bone Marrow Transplant Survivorship Program: This program helps patients handle the physical, emotional and social challenges that can come with having a bone marrow transplant.
- Breast cancer survivorship (Transitions): Our breast health nurse practitioner arranges follow-up appointments and goes over concerns and wellness. She also makes sure patients have access to any needed rehabilitation and social services.
- Childhood Cancer Survivorship Program: This program, at OHSU Doernbecher Children's Hospital, focuses on the specific needs of children and their families.
- Community Hematology Oncology Survivorship Program: Our community clinics offer survivorship services with a particular focus on patients who have had chemotherapy.
- Radiation Medicine Survivorship Program: We offer survivorship services specifically for cancer patients who have had radiation therapy.
- Sexual Health in Women Impacted by Cancer Program: We help women regain their sexual health and well-being during and after cancer treatment. This is the only program of its type in the Portland area.
- Urologic Cancer Survivorship Clinic: This program brings a team of specialists together to address side effects and other issues for those who have had urologic cancer.
- Rehabilitation: Our rehabilitation clinic offers services specifically for cancer patients.
- Social services: Specially trained social workers offer cancer patients counseling and support. They also provide help with conflicts, housing, transportation and many other issues.
- Classes and support groups: We offer a range of classes and groups for cancer patients and survivors.
- Patient and family resources
Request an appointment
- Adolescent and Young Adult Oncology Program:
- Bone Marrow Survivorship Clinic:
- Breast Cancer Survivorship:
- Childhood Cancer Survivorship Program:
- Radiation Medicine Survivorship Program:
- Urologic Cancer Survivorship Clinic: