Locations and contactI see patients at
Dr. Kulkarni specializes in caring for those with skin cancer, particularly melanoma, and in treating rashes caused by various skin cancer treatments. As a physician scientist, Dr. Kulkarni also conducts research dedicated to finding earlier markers of melanoma and other cancers. His research is focused on basic and translational studies to enable molecularly-based, personalized approaches to cancer care, in collaboration with the Portland VA, the Center for Early Detection Research (CEDAR), and the Knight Cancer Institute (KCI).
In his spare time, Dr. Kulkarni enjoys spending time with his family and son. He enjoys exploring the great outdoors, both in the Portland area and throughout the Pacific Northwest.
Education and training
- Ph.D., 2006, California Institute of Technology
- M.D., 2009, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
- Dermatology, University of California Los Angeles, 2014
- Dermatology-STAR Research Fellowship, University of California Los Angeles, 2014
- American Board of Dermatology, 2014
Memberships and associations:
- American Academy of Dermatology
- Society of Investigative Dermatology
- American Association of Cancer Research
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.