I see patients at
Address515 SW Campus DrivePortland, Oregon 97239
Dr. Bhavsar completed her ophthalmology residency at Tufts University School of Medicine where she also participated in clinical research of advanced retinal imaging with Dr. Jay Duker and was selected as co-editor of a column for Ocular Surgery News. She is passionate about providing medical care to underserved populations, and volunteered her surgical services in rural Thailand in association with Khon Kaen University. Dr. Bhavsar completed her medical retina and uveitis fellowship with internationally recognized Dr. Lawrence Yannuzzi and Dr. K. Bailey Freund at Manhattan Eye Ear and Throat Hospital. She was a clinical instructor of Ophthalmology at New York University School of Medicine and chair of the Manhattan Retina Fellows Club. Dr. Bhavsar went on to accomplish advanced sub-specialty training in electrophysiology and inherited retinal diseases at the prestigious Moorfields Eye Hospital in London, UK. Dr. Bhavsar has served as a leading expert for Ophthalmic Edge, ASRS Retina Times, and EyeNet Magazine: educational resources for retinal physicians across the world. She has authored numerous peer-reviewed scientific manuscripts and serves as a reviewer for respected ophthalmic journals such as Ophthalmology, American Journal of Ophthalmology, Retina, Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science, Retinal Cases and Brief Reports, and European Journal of Ophthalmology. Dr. Bhavsar is an invited lecturer at national and international academic conferences.
Financial Disclosures: Dr. Bhavsar has served as an advisory board participant for Regeneron and Genentech.
- B.S., 2005, University of Michigan
- M.D., 2009, Boston University
- Tufts University School of Medicine; Boston, MA
- Medical Retina & Uveitis Fellowship: Manhattan Eye Ear and Throat Hospital, Vitreous Retina Macula Consultants of New York, New York University, Columbia University; New York, NY
- ERG, Hereditary & Degenerative Retinal Diseases, Uveitis Fellowship: Moorfields Eye Hospital; London, UK
- American Board of Ophthalmology
Memberships and associations
- American Society of Retina Specialists (ASRS)
- Women in Retina (WinR)