To advance medical care for children through clinical research that integrates patient and family engagement, multidisciplinary collaboration, information technology and innovation.
We are dedicated to providing excellent patient-centered research that improves the health and the lives of children and their families. We collaborate with local and national investigators to conduct studies by the highest ethical standards of clinical research in children. We believe that improved outcomes in infant, child and adolescent health stem from a team that is committed to the unique experience of pediatric patients and their families. We view our research as an active partnership with children and families. We also provide expertise and support to investigators and students who are interested in clinical research. Our research focuses on improving the care of chronic disease, quality of life, and providing novel solutions to improve health care delivery from the hospital to home.
- Chronic disease care, specifically with kidney disease
- Drug pharmacokinetics
- Social determinants of health
- Quality-of-life improvement
- Home health care delivery and monitoring
- Kira Clark, M.P.H., C.H.E.S.
- Sarah Craven, B.S.
- Chronic Kidney Disease in Children study
- Cure Glomerulonephropathy study
- North American Pediatric Renal Trial and Collaborative Studies Registry
- Pediatric Trials Network/Pharmacokinetics of Understudied Drugs Administered to Children per Standard of Care study
- A Trial of the Efficacy and Safety of Bardoxolone Methyl in Patients with Alport Syndrome
NIH/federally-funded clinical studies
- Pharmacokinetics of Anti-Epileptic Drugs in Obese Children
- Pharmacokinetics and Safety of Anesthetics and Analgesics in Children and Adolescents
- Clinical Evaluation of PROMIS Pediatric Person-Reported Outcome Measures in Children with Chronic Kidney Disease
- Ensuring Accurate Weight Assessment in Newborns and Young Infants
- Pharmacokinetics of Clindamycin and Trimethoprim-Sulfamethoxazole in Infants and Children
- Pharmacokinetics and Safety of Solithromycin in Adolescents with Suspected or Confirmed Bacterial Infection (Phase 1 and 2/3)
- Gathering Evidence to Develop and Assess Caregiver and Participant Communication
- Designing a Convenient and Precise Device for Home Dried Blood Spot Collection
- Novel Use of Dried Blood Spots of Home Monitoring in Children after Kidney Transplantation
- Internet Use for Health Information by Caregivers and Children with Chronic Disease
- Patient and Family Perception of School Absenteeism Among Children with Chronic Kidney Disease
- The Role of Respiratory DEHP in Neonatal Hypertension
- An Open Label, Randomized, Active-Controlled, Parallel Group, Multicenter Phase 3 Study to Investigate the Safety and Efficacy of PA21 and Calcium Acetate in Pediatric and Adolescent CKD Patients with Hyperphosphataemia
- An Observational, Non-Interventional, Multi-Center, Multi-National Study of Patients with Atypical Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome
- A Nationally Representative Drug Utilization Study of OxyContin in Children Aged 17 Years and Younger