At OHSU Doernbecher, we do more than treat your child’s medical condition. We also support the well-being and comfort of your child and family. Our services include:
- Pediatric social workers who can offer support and help you access community resources.
- A Hospital School Program to help your child keep up with education.
- Places to get something to eat or drink, including a full-service Starbucks.
Find more support services and resources, plus more information about our amenities.
Kids can be kids
We place a high priority on treating your whole child. With that in mind, we offer:
- Child Life Program specialists to help your child and family cope through play, education and other activities.
- Indoor playrooms in both patient units, and outdoor playgrounds on the first and ninth floors.
- Visits with our hospital facility dogs, Casey and Davis, and animal-assisted therapy teams.
- Art projects for all ages, and video games in playrooms and the emergency waiting room.
Friendly specialists staff our concierge desk in Doernbecher’s main lobby. They can help you navigate our campus, and they strive to answer any question. Hours are 5:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays.
At night and on weekends, visit the main OHSU concierge desk in the ninth-floor lobby of OHSU Hospital. Hours are 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. weekdays and 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekends. You can reach the main desk from Doernbecher by using the ninth-floor sky bridge.
Concierge specialists can provide:
- Directions around campus, parking garages and nearby areas.
- Information such as building names and Portland Aerial Tram hours.
- Materials such as bus schedules, tram passes for patients and their loved ones, and maps for the city and nearby Marquam Trail.
- Help looking up a family member’s appointments or other information.
Other Doernbecher amenities
We also offer:
- Free Wi-Fi access throughout Doernbecher and OHSU.
- Family lounges equipped with a refrigerator and microwave where you can relax, eat and talk with other families.
- Accommodations in patient rooms for one or two parents (please note that siblings cannot spend the night).
- A meditation room on the 10th floor, plus chaplains to offer support.
- Laundry facilities on the 9th floor.
- Rood Family Pavilion, an OHSU guest house that offers accommodations to out-of-town patients.
- Vending machines on the ninth floor.
Call 503-346-0640 to:
- Request an appointment
- Seek a second opinion
- Ask a question
Refer a patient
- Refer your patient to OHSU Doernbecher.
- Call 503-346-0644 to seek provider-to-provider advice.