From the ordinary to the extraordinary
OHSU Doernbecher offers the region’s broadest range of pediatric treatments – to more children in more places than any other hospital in Oregon or Southwest Washington.
• Providing the greatest number of children’s specialists working together in one location
• Offering the newest and most advanced treatments because Doernbecher is part of OHSU, Oregon’s only academic health center
• Partnering with providers to deliver care to children from every county in Oregon
• Integrating inpatient, outpatient and surgical care in one facility
Education and training
Educating pediatric specialists throughout the region
• More than half of Oregon’s practicing pediatricians were trained at Doernbecher
• Doernbecher offers the only pediatric residency program in Oregon – and each year more than 600 medical students from around the country vie for the program’s 16 spots
• More than a quarter of all physicians in the U.S. pursuing pediatrics apply to Doernbecher each year as interns and residents
• Doernbecher provides a wide range of professional development
Finding cures and treatments, changing the face of pediatric medical science
• Involved in more than 80 active pediatric clinical trials and databases – more than all other Oregon hospitals combined
• Part of OHSU, a nationally ranked research institution where more than 4,000 research studies are currently under way
• Testing the newest potential cancer therapies as one of only 21 National Cancer Institute-designated pediatric Phase 1 cancer centers in the nation; world’s first hospital to test the effectiveness of Gleevec, the revolutionary cancer pill* on kids
• Breakthrough research in the genetic and cellular causes of childhood diseases
Doernbecher experts collaborate to improve the health of children
• Doernbecher experts travel the region to provide specialty care at more than 150 outreach clinics in 13 locations so kids can receive care in their own communities
• The Pediatric and Neonatal Doernbecher Transport (PANDA) team responds to emergencies throughout the state, making more than 800 trips each year
• Doernbecher’s telemedicine network includes sites in Eugene, Medford, Roseburg, Silverton, Astoria, Coos Bay and McMinnville – allowing Doernbecher specialists to partner with regional providers via state-of-the-art technology
More on our blog
- Identifying, preventing and treating your child’s constipation
- Lunch break: How to encourage healthy eating habits for time-crunched kids
- Smoke screen: Talking to your teen about the dangers of vaping
- Rash decisions: What can parents do about common skin irritations?
- Saving Joaco
- Dietitian Q&A: What is “baby-led weaning?”
- All about NICH
- When are antibiotics necessary?
- ADHD and sleep: What’s the connection?
- With 3 young patients, family (happily) puts miles on minivan