Thank you for caring
Patients and families make more than 140,000 visits to Doernbecher annually. We consistently need new toys, art supplies, books, and other items to help our patients and families feel more welcome.
We are only able to accept NEW and UNUSED items due to our infection control policy.
- Stuffed animals (small and medium sizes preferred)
- Legos and Lego kits (school age and up, easy to complex kits)
- Play Doh and Play Doh Kits (small sized Play Doh party packs)
- Crayola Washable: Colored Pencils, Markers and Crayons
- $5, $10, $20 Gift Cards (Starbucks, Target, Fred Meyer, Amazon, Google Play, etc.)
- Items from Popular Sports Teams – i.e. Ducks, Beavers, Blazers, Timbers (hats, shirts, etc.)
- Adult Stress Relief Coloring Books
- Fisher Price Medical Play Kits
Infant and toddler items
(Preferred Brands: Fisher Price, Sassy, Infantino, The First Years, Little Tikes, and Baby Einstein)
- Rattles and Teething Toys
- Early Development/Learning Toys
- Picture and Board Books (English and Spanish language)
- Lights and Sounds Toys
- Mobiles and Soothing Crib Toys
- Nesting Toys
Games, toys, and action figures
- Card Games (i.e. deck of regular playing cards, Uno, Phase 10, Skip-Bo, etc.)
- Medium and large size Plastic Dinosaurs
- Popular Action Figures and Characters
- Popular board games: Candyland, Connect 4, Trouble, Sorry, Life, Monopoly, Chutes and Ladders, Yahtzee, Clue, Operation
- Puzzles – 500 piece or less
- Handheld Electronic Games (Football games, Yahtzee, Connect Four, etc.)
Arts/crafts and activities
- Arts and Craft Kits
- Bead Kits (schools age and teen)
- Soft clay (small packages, please)
- Individual Packets of Model Magic Model
- Car Kits – SnapTite (all ages/levels)
- Model Car (Non-Toxic Paint and Glue)
- Oil Pastels (tubes 1.25 fl oz. or larger)
- Water colors (tubes 1.25 fl oz. or larger)
- Gel Pens
- Sports/Car Magazines and Trivia Books
- Advanced Art Kits
- Sketch Pencils (i.e. graphite, charcoal)
- Acrylic Tube Paint Kits and Brushes
- Watercolor Paper and Drawing Paper Pads
- Popular Chapter/Teen Books (English and Spanish Language)
- Sketch Pads
- Metal Earth Model Kits
- Rubik’s cubes
- Make-Up and Nail Polish Kits (small kits preferred)
- Yarn (all colors), Knitting Needles (straight and circular (US 8, 9-10") and Crochet Hooks (all sizes)
- One Piece Outfits (ages newborn-12 months)
- Comfortable 1 and 2 Piece Outfits (ages 12 Months +)
- Swaddling Blankets
- Pajama Bottoms, Sweat Pants, and T-Shirts (Sizes S-3-XL 18, boys and girls)
- Underwear (Sizes toddler through teen boys and girls)
Electronics and accessories
- X-Box 360 and X-Box One Wired Controllers
- Playstation 3 Wired Controllers
- PlayStation 4 wireless controllers
- **Amazon, Target, Fred Meyer Gift Cards to Purchase Popular Video Games**
- DVD Movies (newly releases within past two years, PG-13 and lower, please)
- Nintendo SWITCH gaming systems and games, Teen rating and lower, please)
- Fidget Spinners and Cubes
Blankets, pillow cases, hats
Due to allergen and infection control concerns, all fabric and material must be new and from a smoke-free environment.
- Prefer blankets to be washed and thoroughly dried prior to donation.
- Please place blankets in clear plastic bags for delivery.
- Twin-size and larger blankets:
- Tied and or sewn edge fleece
- Standard Pillow size – boy and girl themed
- Hats of all styles and sizes (baseball caps, beanies, knitted*, crocheted*)
- *Knitted and crocheted hats best received during fall and winter months
Make a gift
Doernbecher is recognized as one of America's leading children's hospitals, and offers the region’s broadest range of pediatric treatments. Help kids and families with your donation to The Doernbecher Children's Hospital Foundation.
Donation delivery: Donation bins are located in the main lobby to the right of the information desk. Bins are checked Monday thru Friday. Donation receipt slips are located next to the donation bins. If you would like to have your donation received by a Child Life Specialist during week days, please call the Child Life main phone line at 503-418 5388 to make an appointment.
Bring items to
OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital
700 S.W. Campus Drive
Portland, OR 97239
Monday – Friday
8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
A valet attendant is available at the roundabout to assist you.
Once inside the building look for the Child Life Donation table or donation bins.
For more information