Safety Center For Health Care Professionals
The Tom Sargent Safety Center will work with you to make sure you, your staff and your patients have the resources you need to reduce childhood injuries. We will:
- Accept formal or informal referrals
- Train your staff and patients at your office
- Connect you with professional education opportunities
- Help you provide patients with advice and products
Refer a patient
- Refer your patient to OHSU Doernbecher.
- Call 503-346-0644 to seek provider-to-provider advice.
Resources for patients
We can help you make sure your patients have the education and products they need to keep their children safe. Our Safety Resources page has brochures you can download, plus links to products at our nonprofit store.
Request a presentation
The Safety Center will tailor child safety presentations to your needs. We offer presentations to your staff and patients in a place convenient for you. Topics include community resources for child safety, and preventing injuries in infants and toddlers.
Schedule a presentation: Use our request form.
We can connect you to child safety training, including through our community partners such as the Oregon Department of Transportation. Learn about ODOT’s child passenger safety training program.
Contact us with questions about other training opportunities.
- Professional Resources, American Academy of Pediatricians
- Resource Center: Pediatric Safety, Oregon Patient Safety Commission
- Health and Safety in Child Care, eXtension Foundation
- Health and Safety Training, Child Care Aware of America
- National Action Plan for Child Injury Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Location and hours
The Tom Sargent Safety Resource Center is in Doernbecher's main lobby.
Doernbecher Children’s Hospital
700 S.W. Campus Drive
Portland, OR 97239
Map and directions
Hours: 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays or by appointment.