Application and Interview Information
Application deadline: September 28, 2022
How to apply
Applications to the Pediatric Residency Training Program must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS), and should include the following:
- Personal statement: Please discuss why you have chosen pediatrics and, specifically, how the OHSU residency program mission aligns with you and your career goals. This can be included as a brief addendum to the end of your personal statement.
- At least three letters of recommendation (we do not require a letter from the chair of the department)
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (formerly known as the “Dean's Letter”)
- USMLE and/or COMLEX scores (our program requires at least Step 1/Level 1 of USMLE/COMLEX exam to apply; Step 2/Level 2 scores must be uploaded by January 31*)
- Our program is participating in the Supplemental ERAS Application process. This is optional for applicants. If you choose to participate, applications are due by September 16th. For more information on this process, please visit the ERAS website above.
For graduates of a foreign medical school, at least one year of clinical training in the US or Canada must have been completed in order to apply. Applicants must be legally able to work in the US, or eligible to obtain work. Applicants must also provide a copy of a valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, participate in the National Residency Match Program and apply through ERAS.
OHSU Pediatric Residency Virtual Café Events
The OHSU pediatric residency program welcomes you to learn more about who we are at the following optional virtual events. Participation is not required to apply to our program, and attendance will not impact your application. If you are unable to make any of the options below, recordings will be available.
Our program is excited to participate in virtual events sponsored by the FuturePedsRes Organization. OHSU representatives will be at the #PEDSMATCH23 Western Region Event on July 14th at 5p.m. PST. For more information visit https://www.futurepedsres.com/
To learn more about OHSU Pediatric Residency Program, please join us for a virtual informal meet and greet with program leadership and residents on August 9th from 5p.m. - 6:15p.m. PST for prospective applicants. Email email@example.com to register or to request a recorded version of the program highlights if you are unable to attend the event.
In addition, we will have program representatives at the OHSU GME sponsored Virtual Diversity Open House on September 16th from 1p.m. – 4p.m. PST. For more information about this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the following link to register for the event:
Applicants are invited for an interview based on holistic review of their application. In compliance with national recommendations, all interviews will be conducted virtually. Interview dates will range from November 2022 through January 2023. For more information on virtual interviews, please refer to the AAMC tips for applicants.
Upon receipt of an application, the selection committee will review and notify each applicant by email of the decision to interview. Applicants may then schedule an interview online through Thalamus. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications, we are unable to interview all applicants.
After your interview
We hope that you find your virtual interview day with us to be informative and enjoyable! Please do not hesitate to contact us with any follow-up questions.
Program Administrators: Jodi Leonard and Michael Grubbs
Chief Residents: email@example.com
Associate Program Directors: Sarah Green, David Rozansky, and Melissa Weddle
Program Director: Megan Aylor
If you would like to contact any residents, faculty, or program directors, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Written correspondence to anyone you met can be mailed to:
Oregon Health & Science University
Mail Code CDRC-P
707 S.W. Gaines Street
Portland, OR 97239