Given the uncertainty surrounding the coronavirus epidemic, applicants to School of Nursing programs have been asking some very important questions, including:
- How the nursing program will be offered (online versus in-person)
- If the program will start as scheduled·
- Impact of travel limitations if coming from out-of-state
Currently, we do not yet have answers to all of your questions, but will update with the information on this website as soon as we know.
What you need to know about student compliance and immunization requirements
All OHSU School of Nursing students are required to provide documentation regarding the completion of their immunization and compliance records as identified in the Student Compliance and Drug Screening policy 50-01.15 and the OHSU Student Health Service pre-entry guidelines policy 02-01.001. Review the following steps to complete these requirements by the stated deadline.
(All requirements must be completed prior to the start day of your first term)
Steps to compliance
Step 1 - Start by creating your account in Complio and order the following items right away*:
- Immunization & Compliance Tracking package
- Background Check and 10- Panel Drug Screen combo package
Step 2 - Required training's through OHSU’s Compass (module system)
NOTE: New incoming students gain access to their OHSU accounts and network IDs 30 days prior to their start date as long as they have registered for classes. This is the time when new incoming students will have access to Compass. It is important for students to retain the email that contains account information as that email will expire. Students will not have access to complete the 7 required modules below until 30 days prior to the start of first term classes because log in requires your network ID.
Online training in Compass:
- Information Privacy and Security Essentials
- Respect at the University
- Emergency Management Foundations
- Integrity Foundations
- Integrity Booster
- Infection Prevention and Control Annual Competency
- Environment of Care Education
Complete the modules and upload your "certificate of completion" to Complio. Questions? Contact our OHSU SON Compliance Officer, Megan Jones at 503-494-3855.
Step 3 - Required policies & acknowledgement forms (click each link provided in the below list). Submit all completed documents to Complio
- Criminal history may impact future nursing licensure and impact the ability of a student to progress through their designated nursing program. Please review the attached Background Check Disclosure details and turn in the signature form as part of your incoming compliance materials. Background Check Disclosure form
- Student Code of Conduct & Student Grievance (20-04.22)
- Change of Address Form (if needed)
Step 4 - OHSU Student Health Immunization requirements
OHSU Student Health Services: 503-494-8665 or email@example.com
Submit all completed documents to Complio
- Review the list of required immunizations for your program in the instructional brochure.
- OHSU requires all eligible students to carry comparable medical health insurance. All eligible students will be automatically enrolled in the student health insurance plan (excludes RNBS) and have the student health insurance plan premium billed to their student account unless they have other comparable coverage AND complete and are approved for a SHIP waiver by the deadline. Students Medical insurance questions should be directed to OHSU's Business Office, 503-494-7617 Option 4.
- Flu Attestation/Declination: Students taking courses in clinical agencies may be required to get a flu shot prior to participation. Students with this requirement should complete the form and submit this information to Complio for tracking purposes.
- Flu attestation/declination
- Possible exemptions (flu shot, and polio. All other immunization do not have exemptions)
Step 5 - Materials obtained from outside agencies.
Licenses and certifications go to Complio.
- CPR Certification (required of all students except public health).Specific training varies by campus please check your campus specific information.
- Copy of RN license (not required for Public Health, Accelerated Bachelors, or 3 year-Bachelor of Science students) CRNA Students ONLY- Please provide documentation for ACLS, BCLS, and PALS.
- Electronic photo requirements for PDX Graduate and RNBS students. Accelerated Bachelors and 3 year Bachelors students on the Portland campus do not need to submit this form or a photo.
Step 6 - Check to make sure that all of your required items have been loaded and that you are showing as “compliant” with your requirements.
Load your documents and track your compliance. All School of Nursing students are required to remain in Compliant status throughout their academic experience at OHSU.
- Log into Complio with your e-mail and password.
- Provide all supporting documentation (certificates of completion, copies of trainings and certifications, forms, immunization medical records, etc) to Complio.
- In Complio: Click on the Report tab on the left side tool bar. This will open your "clinical passport". You will have the option to save this passport to your computer.
Need Help? Utilize these additional resources to get more information
Annually you will be asked to renew you Complio account. There is no charge to renew. When you get to the payment screen, please select “invoice to institution”.
Instructions on how to renew:
1. Click on “Order History” on the left side of the screen
2. Under ‘Purchased Subscription(s)’, you will see ‘Subscription Renewal’.
3. Click on ‘Renew Subscription’
4. You will be provided with two options; Renew Subscription or Change Subscription.
- If you are needing to change your package type (ie. fall/spring, 2nd Year/3rd Year, etc.) click on ‘Change Subscription’
- If no changes are needed, click ‘Renew Subscription’
5. Continue through the ordering process.
Please note: once your account is renewed or changed these changes may take a few minutes to reflect on your Account.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please call Complio directly at 303-573-1130 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org