Dr. Lovejoy is a clinician-scientist and licensed psychologist in the state of Oregon. His clinical duties include the provision of health psychology and behavioral medicine interventions to patients receiving care in a specialty outpatient substance use disorder treatment program at the VA Portland Health Care System (VAPORHCS). Interventions focus on facilitating the acquisition and maintenance of healthy behaviors, as well as the management of insomnia, chronic pain, HIV, hepatitis C, and other chronic illnesses.
Education and training
- B.A., 2001, Whitman College
- M.P.H., 2009, Ohio University
- Ph.D., 2011, Ohio University
- 2010-2011, Psychology Intern, VA Portland Health Care System, Portland, OR
- 2011-2012, Health Psychology Postdoctoral Fellow, VA Portland Health Care System, Portland, OR
Memberships and associations:
- American Psychological Association, Member
- Society for Health Psychology, Member
- AIDS and Behavior, Editorial Board
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.