Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.
Dr. Stephanie Mengden Koon is a fellowship-trained dermatopathologist in the OHSU Department of Dermatology, as well as at the Portland VA Medical Center, where she served as the Chief of Dermatology until 2015. As a dermatopatholigst, she specializes in the study of cutaneous diseases at a microscopic and molecular level to discover and diagnose skin diseases.
- M.D., 2002, University of Texas School of Medicine
- Dermatology: Mayo Clinic, Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Department of Dermatology, Scottsdale AZ, 2006
- Dermatopathology: NYU School of Medicine, Ronald O. Perelman Department of Dermatology, Dermatopathology Section, New York, NY
- Dermatology, Dermatopathology
Memberships and associations
- American Academy of Dermatology, Oregon Dermatology Society, International Society of Dermatopathology