Dr. Ran Ran is an emergency medicine physician who joined OHSU’s Department of Emergency Medicine and Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine as full-time faculty in 2018.
He is also the program director of the Critical Care Medicine Fellowship.
His academic interests include:
- Expanding the teaching and use of physiology in medicine
- ECMO and mechanical circulatory devices
- Procedural training enriched by simulation
- Developing free, open-access medical education
Outside medicine, Dr. Ran enjoys outdoor adventures, bow hunting, fishing, and contemplating the narrow divide between science and fiction.
Education and training
- M.D., 2013, Washington University School of Medicine
- Oregon Health & Sciences University, Department of Emergency Medicine Portland OR 2016
- Oregon Health & Sciences University, Critical Care Medicine, Department of Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine Portland OR 2018
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.