I see patients at
Address808 S.W. Campus DrivePortland, Oregon 97239
Dr. Bednarek specializes in general obstetrics and gynecology with a focus in family planning, adolescent care, alternatives to hysterectomy and obstetrics. Her clinical interests range from complex contraception and public health, to international health care. She focuses her research on innovative contraceptive techniques including intrauterine devices, management of menstrual disorders, and improving pain during outpatient gynecologic procedures. Dr. Bednarek is very interested in public health and educating patients about their bodies and how to improve their health and quality of life. Her favorite part of being a doctor is helping patients through challenging situations and supporting informed decision making in health.
After growing up on the east coast and living in many different settings, Dr. Bednarek decided that she was a West coaster at heart. She’s very happy to have settled in Portland and plans to stay here for a very long time. In her spare time, Dr. Bednarek enjoys traveling, cooking, blues music and spending time with family and friends.
Her active pursuits include hiking, skiing and biking.
Childbirth and pregnancy philosophy:
"My goal is a healthy mother and baby, and I support any safe options to get there."
- M.D., 2000, Northwestern University Medical School
- M.P.H., 2007, Oregon Health and Science University
- Obstetrics and gynecology, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, 2004
- Fellowship in family planning and contraception, Oregon Health & Science University, 2006
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2007
Memberships and associations
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists