I see patients at
Address3485 S. Bond AvenuePortland, Oregon 97239
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.
Eric Roeland, MD, FAAHPM, is a medical oncologist and palliative care specialist. His clinical practice focuses on caring for patients with melanoma and patients with cancer participating in early phase clinical trials. Dr. Roeland’s research focuses on symptom science to improve treatment tolerance and quality of life of patients with symptomatic cancer by identifying, validating, and expanding pharmacologic interventions.
Dr. Roeland is a proud husband and father of three children. Outside of work, he prioritizes time with his family and exploring the outdoors.
- B.A., 2000, Northwestern University
- M.D., 2005, University of Colorado
- Internal Medicine, University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA, 2008
- Palliative Care, San Diego Hospice and the Institute of Palliative Medicine, San Diego, CA, 2009
- Hematology/Oncology, University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA, 2012
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine, 2008
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine, 2009
- Medical Oncology, American Board of Internal Medicine, 2014
Memberships and associations
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine