Many women experience some type of breast concern during their lifetime. This could include a lump, a change in breast tissue, breast pain, nipple discharge or something else. It is important to remember that most breast disorders are not cancer. Whether you simply need to schedule a mammogram, or you are worried that something is wrong with your breast, we can help.
Early detection is key to breast cancer survival. Talk with your provider if a 3D or routine mammogram is right for you. We offer screenings at convenient times, including Saturdays.
Trusted evaluation and detection
You can trust our experts to carefully evaluate your condition. We will carefully explain your condition and all of your available treatment options.
The Breast Center at OHSU uses all-digital mammography equipment. The facility is accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR), and certified by the Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA) of the FDA.
- Evaluation of breast conditions such as breast pain, breast lump, skin changes, nipple discharge or other concerns
- Breast imaging including mammography, ultrasound, ductogram and MRI
- Genetic counseling for women with a family history of breast cancer
- Treatment for benign (non-cancerous) breast conditions
- In cases of malignancy (cancer), we connect patients to breast cancer services at the Knight Cancer Institute
- Biopsies, including MRI-guided, ultrasound-guided and stereotactic (mammogram-guided)
- Our radiologists can perform on-site cyst aspirations and fine needle aspirations
See also: breastfeeding and lactation services.