Locations and contactI see patients at
Address700 S.W. Campus DrivePortland, Oregon 97239
As part of the interdisciplinary clinical team at the OHSU Metabolic Clinic, Dr. Van Calcar specializes in nutrition management of inborn errors of metabolism (IEM), including phenylketonuria (PKU), disorders in fatty acid oxidation, galactosemia and glycogen storage disease. Many of these disorders are detected by newborn screening and require life-long dietary treatment that includes specialized medical formulas.
Education and training
- B.S., 1983, Oregon State University
- M.S., 1987, University of Wisconsic-Madison
- Ph.D., 2009, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Dietetic Internship, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1988
Memberships and associations:
- Genetic Metabolic Dietitians International
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Society of Inherited Metabolic Disease
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.