Dr. Mark Joseph became a doctor to combine his love of science with caring for others. He is drawn to working with colleagues to understand and care for patients hospitalized with kidney involvement, and really enjoys developing long-term relationships with patients and families to help those with kidney disease succeed with their illness and live longer, more fulfilling lives.
Education and training
- M.D., 1991, University of Arizona College of Medicine
- Pediatrics, Phoenix Children’s Hospital/Maricopa Medical Center, 1994
- Pediatric Nephrology, Seattle Children’s Hospital and Medical Center, 1997
- American Sub-board of Pediatric Nephrology, 2017
- National Board of Medical Examiners, 1991
Memberships and associations:
- American Society of Nephrology
- American Society of Pediatric Nephrology
- International Pediatric Nephrology Association
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Renal Physicians Association
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.