Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.
Since completing her training in 2005, Dr. Schmidt has practiced in a wide variety of treatment settings including outpatient, inpatient, residential, group home, and day treatment. She has a special interest in working with children and adolescents with developmental disabilities and co-occurring mental health problems. Dr. Schmidt serves as consultant psychiatrist to Samaritan Ministries in Ukraine, an international non-profit organization committed to serving those less fortunate. Since 2016, she has led teams of mental health professionals to Ukraine to conduct training seminars for health professionals across the country. In her spare time she enjoys riding horses, running, and gardening.
- M.D., 2000, Univeristy of Massachusetts Medical School
- Residencies Harvard Longwood Psychiatry Residency Training Program, Boston, Massachusetts 2003
- Oregon Health & Science University Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship Training Program, Portland, Oregon 2005
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology - General Psychiatry Board Certification 2006; Recertification 2017
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology - Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Board Certification 2007; Recertification 2017
Memberships and associations
- American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Oregon Council of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Program Chair