Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.
Dr. Farsad specializes in minimally invasive image-guided therapy. His clinical interests include targeted treatments for cancer, vascular disease, as well as for disorders of the genitourinary and hepatobiliary systems. He is currently seeing patients in consultation for treatment of liver cancer, renal cancer, uterine fibroids, placement of a TIPS shunt for treatment of sequelae of portal hypertension, and vascular disorders, including minimally invasive treatment of symptomatic varicose veins.
- Ph.D., 2003, Yale University
- M.D., 2003, Yale University School of Medicine
- Internship, general surgery, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH, 2004
- Interventional radiology/abdominal imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 2011
- Diagnostic radiology, American Board of Radiology, June 2010
Memberships and associations
- Society of Interventional Radiology