Dr. You joined the pediatric cardiac team at Doernbecher Children’s Hospital in 2002 after finishing perfusion training at Upstate Medical University in Central New York. His previous experience as a cardiac surgeon in China has provided him with a unique perspective that he shares with perfusion colleagues and students. He has special interests in research, optimizing bypass circuits and blood conservation.
In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with his family. He loves reading, hiking, travelling, cooking and gardening.
- Chinese (Mandarin)
Education and training
- M.D., 1983, Medical School of Zhejiang University, China
- M.S., 1990, Tongji Medical College, China
- Ph.D., 1996, University of Kiel, Germany
- B.S., 2002, SUNY Upstate Medical University
- Surgery, The 2nd General Hospital, Ningbo, China, 1987
- Designation of Fellow of Pediatric Perfusion, 2011
Memberships and associations:
- American Society of Extracorporeal Technology
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.