Locations and contactI see patients at
OHSU Primary Care Clinic, South Waterfront
Address3303 S. Bond AvenuePortland, Oregon 97239
Dr. Bradley Buchheit is a family physician who has additional expertise in caring for young adults and adults with substance use disorders. He chose to pursue a career in primary care, and subsequently specialize in addiction medicine, because of the patient-physician relationships that he develops with his patients over the years of follow up care.
Outside of work, Dr. Buchheit enjoys traveling and being outdoors (hiking, camping, gardening, etc.). He enjoys running and has completed 2 full marathons, 6 half marathons and a number of 10Ks since graduating college in 2008.
Education and training
- B.S., 2008, Clarkson University School of Engineering
- M.D., 2014, SUNY at Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
- M.S., 2019, Boston University School of Public Health
- Family Medicine, Boston University/Boston Medical Center, 2017
- Addiction Medicine, Boston University/Boston Medical Center, 2019
- Public Health and General Preventive Medicine, Boston University/Boston Medical Center, 2019
- American Board of Family Medicine, 2017
- American Board of Preventive Medicine - Addiction Medicine, 2019
- American Board of Preventive Medicine - Public Health and General Preventive Medicine, 2020
Memberships and associations:
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Society of Addiction Medicine
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.