Dr. Angela Garinis joined the department in 2011 as research associate in the Oregon Hearing Research Center (OHRC). Dr. Garinis received her Master’s degree in clinical audiology and a PhD in Speech & Hearing Sciences at the University of Arizona in Tucson. She completed a three-year NIH funded Postdoctoral fellowship at the University of Washington in Dr. Lynne Werner’s Infant Psychoacoustics Laboratory (2008-2011). Her primary research interests involve improving non-invasive techniques for the diagnoses of middle-ear and/or cochlear dysfunction. She also has a strong interest in the diagnoses and monitoring of ototoxic hearing loss in patients with cystic fibrosis receiving aminoglycoside treatments.
- B.S., 2001, Northern Illinois University
- M.S., 2003, University of Arizona
- Ph.D., 2008, University of Arizona
- Postdoctoral fellowship, University of Washington, 2008-2011
- American Speech Language Hearing Association