Dr. Treister specializes in caring for patients with severe neurologic injury and illness. He was drawn to Neurocritical Care due to his admiration for complex Neurology and high-acuity medicine. In addition to time spent in the Neuro ICU, Dr. Treister maintains a diverse clinical practice of acute care Neurology, devoting additional time to attending on the OHSU Stroke service, general inpatient Neurology, and EEG interpretation.
When not at work, Dr. Treister can often be found spending time outdoors with his wife and son, exploring nearby trails and campsites. He is also an avid musician, and continues to write and record music in his down time.
- B.S., 2009, University of California
- M.D., 2014, University of California
- Neurology, University of California, San Diego, 2018
- Neurocritical Care, Oregon Health & Science University, 2020
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, 2018
- American Board of Clinical Neurophysiology (with added competency in Critical Care Monitoring), 2020
Memberships and associations
- Neurocritical Care Society
- American Academy of Neurology