Locations and contactI see patients at
Dr. Chon is an obstetrician, gynecologist, and maternal fetal specialist. He specializes in caring for patients with maternal or fetal conditions that complicate pregnancy. Dr. Chon has advanced training in fetal surgery. Surgeries done in the uterus can improve the health of babies with certain birth defects.
Dr. Chon’s research interests include minimally invasive fetal therapy, multiple gestations such as twins and triplets, and preventing premature births.
Outside of work, Dr. Chon and his wife, an internist, enjoy spending time with their twin girls and exploring the Pacific Northwest.
Education and training
- B.S., 2007, University of Washington
- M.D., 2011, Chicago Medical School
- Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kaiser Permanente Southern California, 2015
- Fetal Surgery, University of Southern California, 2017
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Los Angeles County-University of Southern California, 2020
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2017
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.