I see patients at
Address3181 SW Sam Jackson Park RdPortland, Oregon 97239
Dr. Chi came to OHSU in 2016 from Johns Hopkins where he served as Medical Director of the Targeted Muscle Reinnervation Program and Medical Director of the Physician Assistant Surgical Residency Program since 2010. Dr. Chi is also commissioned as a Lieutenant Commander in the US Navy Reserve.
Dr. Chi received his medical degree from the University of Arizona in 2003 and completed its residency program in 2008. His fellowship training was at the University of Maryland’s R. Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center.
Prior to medical school, Dr. Chi completed both an undergraduate and graduate program in biomedical engineering at Arizona State University, which focused on neuromechanical control. His current research is dedicated to improving the lives of individuals with traumatic injuries with an emphasis on motor control. One such effort involves a non-invasive solution for robotic control for quadriplegic individuals; Dr. Chi is developing a system to allow patients to perform activities of daily living using eye control.
Dr. Chi enjoys living in Portland with his 2-year-old son Troy.
- M.S., 1999, Arizona State University
- M.D., 2003, University of Arizona
- General Surgery, University of Arizona, 2003-2008
- Surgical Critical Care/Trauma, R. Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, University of Maryland, 2008-2010
- American Board of Surgery, General Surgery
- American Board of Surgery, Surgical Critical Care
Memberships and associations
- Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma
- Alpha Omega Alpha - Medical Honor Society
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Alpha Eta Mu Beta – Biomedical Engineering Honor Society
- Tau Beta Pi – Engineering Honor Society
- Biomedical Engineering Society