Annual Forum on Aging in Rural Oregon
The Oregon Office of Rural Health believes that rural and frontier Oregon communities can be ideal places to age. The annual Forum on Aging in Rural Oregon is an event where people can gather to talk about their experiences, learn from one another, share resources and bring forth new ideas to inspire communities to create their own solutions to improve care for elders.
Annual Oregon Rural Health Conference
The annual Oregon Rural Health Conference is the largest gathering in Oregon dedicated to sharing information and showcasing innovative approaches to health and the delivery of health care in rural and frontier Oregon. The conference brings together providers, administrators, consumers, policy makers and others to exchange ideas and share expertise.
Rural Health Clinic Workshop
The ORH provides Rural Health Clinic (RHC)-specific programming at the annual Oregon Rural Health Conference. Past topics have included RHC Compliance, data, billing and reporting, among others. The ORH strives to provide timely information and policy updates for RHC staff and providers, working with locally and nationally recognized experts. If you have questions or suggestions for future presentations, please contact: Rondyann Gerst | email@example.com | 503-312-3907.
- Critical Maintenance Emergency Plan Biennial Review, Civil Rights, Personnel File Audits
January 6, 2021
Presented by Tressa Sacrey, RHC Compliance Analyst
Health Services Associates
Tressa R. Sacrey joined Health Services Associates in May 2015 as a Compliance Analyst. Mrs. Sacrey has a Bachelor’s Degree in Education and has completed courses in Business Applied Technology. Key areas of responsibility include creating policies, developing emergency plans, facilitating hazard training, researching CMS regulations, conducting on-site compliance mock surveys, and creating forms and tools to assist RHC’s across the nation.
Tressa will discuss how maintaining compliance at the RHC is an ongoing process.
- Gain an understanding of the required civil rights elements for the clinic
- Discover which documents will be reviewed during the personnel file audit
- Learn the operative guidelines and timeframes for the emergency plan review
You won’t want to miss this valuable training!
Stay ready for your next survey.
Be operationally sound, so you can stay focused on what matters most - The Patient!
Compliance Monitoring Log
Section 1557 Poster
900 Table of Contents
901b Table of Contents
- RHC Survey During COVID-19: Q&A with Janis McDowell, State Surveyor
December 11, 2020
Please come prepared to ask questions about RHC surveys during the COVID-19 PHE and learn how you can prepare for an unannounced survey.
Join us as we explore:
• How the survey has changed during COVID-19
• The challenges of a survey during the PHE
• What is involved in the COVID-19 Focused Infection Prevention Survey
Janis McDowell, RN, BSN, MA, is a Patient Safety Surveyor for OHA’s Health Facility Licensing and Certification Office with almost 5 years’ experience surveying hospitals, home health agencies, ambulatory surgery centers with current focus on dialysis centers and rural health clinics. Before moving into the realm of regulatory work, Janis’ nursing experience included trauma recovery and mental health.
- 2021 E/M Coding and Billing Changes
December 9, 2020
Presented by Kim Huey, KGG Coding and Reimbursement Consulting, LLC
During this webinar Kim will walk you through everything you need to successfully implement the 2021 CPT code changes in your RHC.
This webinar will cover:
• 2021 overview of ICD-10 and CPT coding and billing changes;
• Documentation updates to support the new codes;
• CMS changes for E/M and coding reimbursement; and
• How fraud and abuse will affect these changes, and more.
- 2020 RHC Workshop and Oregon Rural Health Conference
Slides and Videos
- LGBTQ+ Older and Aging Adult Cultural Competency 101 – Tools to Improve Patient Communication, Care and Outcomes
October 29, 2020
LGBTQ+ Older and Aging Adult Cultural Competency 101 – Tools to Improve Patient Communication, Care, and Outcomes. This multidisciplinary introductory training course for healthcare professionals focuses on older and aging LGBTQ+ adults, including challenges, disparities, and solutions. Upon completion of this presentation, participants will be able to:
· Describe health disparities faced by LGBT older adults.
· Explain how policy changes can improve health care and elder services for this population.
· Describe how health systems and providers can advocate and care for their LGBT older patients.
- Policy Matters
September 30, 2020
This year, 2020 has been a challenging year on many fronts. The pandemic, recession, and social unrest are having far reaching impact on every aspect of our lives. Join us on Sept 30, for an interactive forum to hear how AARP is working to advocate for the interests of people 50+ and their families.
Learn about AARP’s “Protect Voters 50+” Campaign that includes a comprehensive voter engagement effort and voter education on important federal issues like Social Security. Learn about current state advocacy efforts and policy priorities for the upcoming 2021 legislative session.
- Scams & Financial Exploitation Targeting Rural & Frontier Elders
August 27, 2020
This virtual session will demonstrate scams and financial exploitation, as well as the impacts they have on rural older Oregonians. Learn to identify the indicators of scams and financial exploitation, who to report to, and what Adult Protective Services (APS) can and cannot do. Hear about the barriers facing the at-risk population in rural and frontier Oregon, focusing on how to work with banks, local law enforcement and other agencies resources to ensure the safety and protection of victims of elder financial abuse. Also hear about the collaborative multi-disciplinary approach APS uses to address complicated cases and the challenges that come with investigating financial cases in rural Oregon.
- Rural Telehealth: What is the impact to RHCs during the PHE and beyond?
August 12, 2020
Not only has the COVID-19 PHE changed the way the we do business in our rural healthcare facilities, it has also changed the way that we have used telehealth in providing patient care. Join us as we explore:
- How the provision of telehealth services has changed during the COVID-19 PHE
- The challenges of providing telehealth during the PHE
- How the PHE may change the telehealth landscape in the future
- Filling the Day with Meaning
July 29, 2020
This training explores factors such as spiritual wellness, personality style, health and usual daily routine in building meaning, relationship and hope for older adults in the midst of Covid 19.
- Understand how changes imposed by the epidemic impact spiritual, emotional and physical health
- Learn how to use the Spiritual Health Assessment to understand the basic needs of the human spirit
- Build a framework for providing a person centered balance of activities that fill the day with meaning for each older adult
- Positive Approaches to Care — 10 Steps to De-escalate a Crisis
June 19, 2020
A virtual training by Rod Harwood, MDiv, MA, QMHP-C, Older Adult Behavioral Health Coordinator
When a person living with dementia feels threatened or overwhelmed, they may become aggressive. This training enhances caregiver understanding of the root cause of this behavior and offers strategies for preventing escalation and restoring a resident’s sense of safety and control.
This training will:
- Provide an overview of how the brain works for those living with dementia, and how, when feeling threatened, the primitive part of their brain becomes “the boss” of their behavior.
- Understand the role of the 5 senses and how they drive behaviors.
- Provide an introduction to the “Positive Approach to Care” in supporting those living with dementia.
- Learn 10 ways to help a person de-escalate when under stress.
- Advanced RHC Billing and Coding
June 6, 2020
Advanced Rural Health Clinic Billing and Coding webinar takes a deeper look at RHC services and how to report them. It reviews in-depth claim examples based on a variety of patient visit scenarios. These include: RHC telehealth billing, mental health billing, specialists in the RHC, preventive services, care management services, and negative payments.
- Basic RHC Billing and Coding
June 6, 2020
The Basic Rural Health Clinic Billing and Coding webinar reviews RHC services and how to report them. It includes all of the basics for building and reporting RHC Medicare claims. It covers RHC locations and providers, incident to, surgeries, injections, RHC services vs. non-RHC services, specialists and global billing.
- Hospice & Long-Term Care in the Year of the Virus
May 26, 2020
Dr. Michael Knower (St. Charles Hospice) and Lee Garber (Regency Rehabilitation and Nursing Center of Prineville) provide insight into impacts of COVID-19 pandemic on fragile, vulnerable, and clinically complex long-term care facility residents and hospice patients. Learn about how COVID-19 unfolded in the community of Prineville, Oregon; its impacts on care delivery; how care providers are complying with regulations; and the myriad of challenges experienced.
- Assistive Technology: Programs, Devices, Applications, and More
April 29, 2020
Kevin Roebke (Oregon Public Utility Commission) and Brian Sacre, (Access Technology Inc.) provide insight into state assistive technology programs including the Oregon State Assistive Technology Program (OSATP), National Deaf Blind Equipment Distribution Program (NDEDP), and Telecommunication Devices Access Program (TDAP). Learn about assistive technologies each program offers as well as eligibility, benefits, how to select a potentially expensive piece of technology, and how to get connected to affordable phone and internet services.
Video with ASL Interpretation
- Rural Health Clinic COVID-19 Listening Session #3
April 23, 2020
RHC leaders have a roundtable discussion regarding operating in the present environment amid COVID-19.
Video — password for video: 0c^8OG*$
- RHC Emergency Preparedness, Part 2
April 22, 2020
Kate Hill discusses RHC Emergency Preparedness Training and Testing with an example of a Table Top Drill and After Action Report (AAR).
- Rural Health Clinic COVID-19 Listening Session 2
April 9, 2020
RHC leaders discuss concerns and challenges internally and in their community.
Local EOC List January 2020
- Telehealth for Oregon Rural Health Clinics: Resources and Reimbursement
April 7, 2020
Rose Locklear (Oregon Office of Rural Health) and Tammy Norville (National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health) walk you through a new resource created to help you navigate the policy and resources related to telehealth amid the COVID-19 crisis.
- RHC Emergency Preparedness and COVID-19, Part 1
April 8, 2020
Kate Hill discusses RHC COVID-19 strategies to use in your clinic and requirements of RHC Emergency Preparedness 42 CFR 491.12.
- Rural Health Clinic COVID-19 Listening Session 1
March 26, 2020
RHC leaders discuss top concerns which include: supplies, testing, community, policies and procedures, amid COVID-19 pandemic.
- RHC Compliance 101, Part 2
January 15, 2020
Kate Hill from The Compliance Team, will go into more detail regarding compliance requirements in Rural Health Clinics.
TCT Emergency Preparedness Checklist
- RHC Compliance 101, Part 1
January 8, 2020
Kate Hill from The Compliance Team, covers compliance requirements in Rural Health Clinics form completion through survey.
Oregon Office of Rural Health | firstname.lastname@example.org | 503-494-4450 | toll-free 866-674-4376