The OHSU School of Nursing is a statewide system of higher education whose faculty, staff, and students extend to campuses throughout Oregon. Get program information
Dean Bakewell-Sachs interviewed about predicted nursing shortage
"Would I love to increase faculty salaries and have them directly relate
to practice? Of course I would. I would love to do that,"
Bakewell-Sachs said. "It would not be a cost that this school could bear
without significant burden to students."
Connect With Us
- 04/25/2016 Research Week 2016 - Oral Presentations
- 04/25/2016 Research Week 2016 - Poster Presentations
- 04/19/2016 Kerri M. Winters-Stone, PhD, on Peripheral Neuropathy: High Prevalence Among Female Survivors
- 03/14/2016 Pediatric NP Program Director Announced
- 02/26/2016 OHSU School of Nursing Awarded Grant from Jonas Center for Nursing and Veterans Healthcare
- View all news
Outstanding PNP researcher award
Marti Driessnack, Ph.D., P.P.C.N.P. and associate professor received the 2015 Research of the Year Award from AFPNP (Association of Faculties of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners).
The Outstanding PNP Researcher Award was established by AFPNP to recognize a pediatric nurse practitioner who has made significant contributions to the pediatric nurse practitioner profession at the regional, national, or international level via scholarly activities. It is awarded every other year at the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (NAPNAP) meeting."Receiving the award was particularly meaningful for me because two of our current PNP students, Wendy Herrick and Karen Gray, were in the audience. I believe it gave them pride in our program and faculty," Driessnack says of receiving the award.