I see patients at
Address3181 SW Sam Jackson Park RdPortland, Oregon 97239Enter an address to be localized.
Dr. Schelonka specializes in caring for newborn infants who have special needs immediately after birth and beyond. Many of the babies he cares for are born prematurely and need help breathing. Others may be born on time but have lung, heart or intestinal problems. Dr. Schelonka enjoys working with babies because so many will grow and develop 'before your very eyes', and one day be strong enough to go home in their parents' arms.
In his spare time, Dr. Schelonka enjoys spending time with his family, including his wife whose day job is to care for their four children. Between rowing, baseball, football, choir, theatre, his kids’ schedules keep him very busy. His favorite time is spent with his family on long bicycle rides, hiking, skiing and exploring all the best that Oregon outdoor life has to offer.
- M.D., 1991, Case Western Reserve School of Medicine
- Pediatrics, Wilford Hall USAF Medical Center, San Antonio, TX, 1994
- Neonatology, Wilford Hall USAF Medical Center, San Antonio, TX, 1997
- American Board of Pediatrics-pediatrics, 1994
- Spanish (some)
Memberships and associations
- American Academy of Pediatrics