Dr. Press is the director of molecular pathology and the Molecular Diagnostics Center at the OHSU Knight Cancer Institute, and program director for the molecular genetic pathology fellowship. His research interests include molecular diagnostic biomarkers in cancer and infectious diseases and prevalent genetic alterations in common diseases. Dr. Press received his M.D. and Ph.D. in 1988 at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland.
Education and training
- B.A., 1981, Northwestern University
- M.D., Ph.D., 1988, Case Western Reserve University
- Pathology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
- Molecular pathology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
- Clinical Pathology, American Board of Pathology, 1992
- Molecular Genetic Pathology, American Board of Pathology & American Board of Medical Genetics, 2001
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.