I see patients at
Address3181 SW Sam Jackson Park RdPortland, Oregon 97239
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.
Dr. Ramon Francisco Barajas Jr., M.D., joined the Department of Diagnostic Radiology and Advanced Imaging Research Center at Oregon Health and Science University in 2015. Dr. Barajas is board certified in Diagnostic Radiology with a Subspecialty Certificate in Neuroradiology. As a physician-scientist, he leads a multidisciplinary collaborative team of pre-clinical and clinical brain tumor researchers with the ultimate goal of improving the lives of patients with primary and metastatic brain tumors. This goal is being actively pursued through the generous grant support provided by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) National Cancer Institute (NCI) Mentored Clinical Scientist Research Career Development Award (1 K08 CA237809-01A1), OHSU Friends of Doernbecher Grant, and OHSU Knight Cancer Institute Hildegard Lamfrom Research Scholar Award: Early Stage Physician-Scientist Grant. His research emphasis is focused on quantitative imaging genomics analysis, neuroinflammation biomarker development, and molecular radiotheranostic approaches that are eminently translatable for patients with brain tumors. Dr. Barajas is the OHSU ECOG-ACRIN Cancer Research Group Site Investigator and is currently undertaking several investigators initiated studies which include a clinical trial assessing the feasibility of hypoxia based FMISO PET/MRI biomarkers for assessing outcomes in patients with glioblastoma (NCT03649880). In his personal time, Dr. Barajas enjoys Bonsai Cultivation, Baseball, Gold Mining, Blacksmithing, and all things snow related.
- M.D., 2009, University of San Francisco, School of Medicine
- Kaiser Foundation Medical Center, Department of Medicine San Francisco, California July 2009 – June 2010
- Diagnostic Radiology Residency- University of California San Francisco, Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging July 2010 – June 2014
- Neurological Radiology Fellowship- University of California San Francisco, Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging July 2014 – June 2015
- American Board of Radiology- Diagnostic Radiology 2015
- American Board of Radiology- Neuroradiology 2016