Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.
Dr. Kolbeck specializes in caring for patients with various types of cancer. He has advanced training in interventional radiology procedures with a focus on interventional oncology techniques. The majority of his patients have primary liver cancer or cancer that has spread to the liver. He also treats some patients with kidney cancer. Dr. Kolbeck and his wife enjoy spending time outdoors in the Pacific Northwest. Opportunities for hiking, skiing and fishing are abundant here in Portland, and Dr. Kolbeck pursues them in his available spare time.
- Ph.D., 1999, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- M.D., 2000, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- General surgery intern-Dartmouth-Hitchcock Hospital, 2000-1
- Interventional radiology, University of Pennsylvania, 2006
- American Board of Radiology (diagnostic radiology), 2006
Memberships and associations
- Society of Interventional Radiology