Beech Stephen Burns, M.D., M.C.R.
Accepting new patients
- Associate professor, Department of Emergency Medicine, Vice Chair and Medical Director, Pediatric EM Section, Department of Emergency Medicine,
- Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine, School of Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Emergency Medicine (Pediatric)
Locations and contactI see patients at
OHSU and Doernbecher Emergency Room
Address3181 SW Sam Jackson Park RdPortland, Oregon 97239
Dr. Burns joined the Department of Emergency Medicine as full-time faculty in July 2015 after completing his medical school, residency and fellowship training all at OHSU. His research interests include the prehospital care of children, management and imaging of pediatric trauma, and management of pediatric intracranial hemorrhage. When not working, he enjoys fishing, camping, and spending time with his wife and daughter.
Education and training
- M.D., 2008, Oregon Health & Science University
- Oregon Health & Science University, Portland OR 2012
- Oregon Health & Science University, Portland OR 2015
- American Board of Pediatrics, 2011
Memberships and associations:
- American Academy of Pediatrics
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.