Employee Trip Options
See similar rewards for:
Considering a job with OHSU? Just rethinking your commute? OHSU is one of the busiest and most unique destinations in the region. A little planning can save time, money, and peace of mind.
Learn employee and student discounts, incentives and costs associated with each transportation option with our Commute Rewards brochure. OHSU recommends sending this information to people considering applying to OHSU for work or school.
Trip plan information
Learn trip planning information unique to OHSU, including walking, biking, transit, tram, and parking with our Transportation Options brochure. OHSU recommends sending this information to all new visitors, including patients, visitors, and applicants.
Please travel at a safe speed on campus, through nearby streets, and yield to people walking. OHSU exists to make our community more healthy and is committed to being a good neighbor.
- Marquam Hill Map
- South Waterfront Map
- Interactive Map of Campus
- Mobile sites and apps assist on the go.
- Transportation & Parking Customer Service
Marquam Hill Campus has limited parking due to capacity limits of the hill and access roads. OHSU incentivizes trips that reduce congestion. Employees improve access by diversifying travel choices and finding alternatives to driving through residential neighborhood streets.
South Waterfront Campus is the most transportation-diverse hub in the nation and a gateway to Marquam Hill via the Tram. An aerial tram, foot bridge, streetcar, bike valet, shuttles, and more share this campus.
Portland Aerial TramThe Tram is a 5 minute ride from South Waterfront to Marquam Hill. Free with badge. ohsu.edu/tram Marquam Hill Shuttle travels downtown. South Waterfront Shuttle travels around the waterfront. Route and real time arrivals: ohsu.edu/shuttle
Traveling to campus
Planning your trip
OHSU is among the most popular biking destinations in any American city. With bike share, you don't need to even own a bike to ride to campus.
You can take the bike lanes up Marquam Hill or save some sweat by biking to Portland Aerial Tram, where valet is offered free to the public. Anywhere outside valet, U-locks are strongly recommended.
Learn more about these services and much more at ohsu.edu/bike
- OHSU pays $1.50 a day for eligible biking trips.
- Employee Discounts often offers deals on active apparel.
- Every May, OHSU employees compete with friendly rivals in the Bike More Challenge for discounts, prizes, and titles.
Planning your trip
OHSU is connected by over a dozen bus lines. The Tram offers a five minute transfer to more lines including, light rail, and streetcar. All Portland public transit is ADA accessible. Park and rides offer free parking at over 60 locations.
Find your best trip by public transit at ohsu.edu/transit.
- For anyone with a badge, OHSU’s TriMet and C-tran transit passes are subsidized up to 95%.
- Streetcar is free with a badge.
- Log trips on MyCommute to earn badges and rewards.
Split the cost by sharing a ride.
Planning a trip
Scoop automatically schedules an efficient ride based on your needs and helps riders and drivers better split the cost. Only take the trips you need. OHSU employees and students can learn more at o2.ohsu.edu/scoop.
Long term carpools
Midday errand or meeting that requires a car? Leave your car at home by taking advantage of these services.
- Zipcar: Reserve personally or through your department on-and-off campus for round trips.
- Getaround: Rent out your own vehicle or borrow a colleague’s.
- Car2Go: Drive one way trips within the home area.
Ride hail by mobile app:
- Lyft: private driver. Lyft Line carpool available along popular routes at popular times at Lyft's discretion.
- Uber: private driver. Uber Pool carpool available along popular routes at popular times at Uber's discretion.
Who needs a permit? Anyone not here as a patient or patient’s personal visitor, 8am-5pm weekdays. Restricted Zones, enforced 24/7, include patient, special reserved, emergency, and Public Safety spaces. Visiting for personal reasons? Give us a call at 503-494-8283 and have your license plate information ready.
See where parking is available in real time using the Parker App.