Transit services to OHSU include:
- TriMet, serving the Portland metro region
- Portland Streetcar, serving Portland's central city
- C-TRAN, serving Vancouver, WA with express service to Portland
- Portland Aerial Tram, connecting OHSU campuses
- Park and Rides offer free parking at over 60 transit locations
All public transit is ADA accessible.
TriMet, Streetcar and C-Tran all use a fare system called Hop. The Tram is not part of the Hop system.
For patients and the general public
- TriMet: $5 a day.
- Streetcar Only: $2 for 2.5 hours; TriMet fare is valid on Streetcar, but not vice versa.
- Portland Aerial Tram: Trips currently limited to healthcare. More here.
OHSU Transit Program for people with an OHSU badge
OHSU Hop cards and Hop cards for the general public are non-transferable.
- Portland Streetcar: free with badge.
- Portland Aerial Tram: free with badge.
- TriMet and C-Tran (log into OHSU network for more information): Price significantly reduced with annual OHSU transit pass.
Marquam Hill is accessible via a five-minute ride by tram. See South Waterfront transit connections on this page to take transit to South Waterfront and then the Tram to Marquam Hill.
Routes to Marquam Hill
TriMet 8-Jackson Park/NE 15th is frequent service. On weekdays, its first arrival is 5:52 a.m and its final departure is 12:10 a.m. The OHSU Hospital is Stop ID 5028.
Take TriMet and C-TRAN lines to Marquam Hill:
- 61-Marquam Hill/Beaverton
- 64-Marquam Hill/Tigard
- 65-Marquam Hill/Barbur Blvd
- 66-Marquam Hill/Hollywood
- 68-Marquam Hill/Collins Circle
- C-TRAN Express 190
TriMet express lines run during the morning and afternoon rush only.
Destinations by building
Select a location below to plan your trip by TriMet.
- Baird Hall (Stop 5032)
- BICC Library (Stop 5032)
- Building 28 (Stop 10612)
- Campus Services Bldg (Stop 9488)
- Casey Eye Institute (Stop 868)
- CDRC (Stop 1947)
- Dillehunt Hall (Stop 5032)
- Doernbecher Children's (Stop 10176)
- Dotter Institute (Stop 1947)
- Emma Jones Hall (Stop 5027)
- Energy Management Ctr (Stop 1947)
- EMERGENCY (Stop 5028)
- Gaines Hall (Stop 1949)
- Hatfield Research Ctr (Stop 5032)
- Kohler Pavilion (Stop 5028)
- Lamfrom BRB (Stop 5032)
- Mackenzie Hall (Stop 5032)
- Medical Research Bldg (Stop 5032)
- Modular Office Bldg (Stop 10176)
- Multnomah Pavilion (Stop 5028)
- OHSU Auditorium (Stop 5032)
- OHSU Hospital (Stop 5028)
- OHSU Student Ctr (Stop 10176)
- Physical Plant (Stop 5032)
- Physicians Pavilion (Stop 5028)
- Richard T. Jones Hall (Stop 5032)
- Sam Jackson Hall (Stop 5032)
- School of Nursing (Stop 9488)
- Shriner's Hospital (Stop 5027)
- Transportation & Parking (Stop 5032)
- VA Medical Center (Stop 5975)
- Vollum Institute (Stop 5032)
The South Waterfront Campus is accessible via a five-minute ride by tram. See Marquam Hill transit connections on this page to take transit to Marquam Hill and then the Tram to South Waterfront.
Routes to South Waterfront
Take TriMet and Streetcar lines to South Waterfront:
- Portland Streetcar (all lines)
- TriMet Max Orange Line
- TriMet 9-Powell Blvd
- TriMet 17-Holgate/Broadway
- TriMet 35-Macadam/Greeley
- TriMet 36-South Shore
Additional transit lines are accessible via the Gibbs Street Pedestrian Bridge. The bridge connects from S.W. Gibbs and Kelly in the Lair Hill Neighborhood to S.W. Moody and Gibbs at the Tram. The following TriMet lines are walkable from the Gibbs and Tilikum bridges:
Destinations by building
There are transit stops near each OHSU building in South Waterfront:
- 3030 Moody (Stop 13728)
- Bancroft (Stop 12881)
- Bike Plaza (Stop 12760)
- Center for Health and Healing (Stop 12760)
- Collaborative Life Sciences Building (Stop 13728)
- Healthy Starts Children's Center (Stop 12760)
- Knight Cancer Research Building (Stop 13728)
- Macadam Warehouse (Stop 13183)
- Portland Aerial Tram Lower Terminal (Stop 12845)
- RiverPlace Marina Parking Lot (Stop 12379)
- Rood Family Pavilion (Stop 12760)
- School of Dentistry (Skourtes Tower) (Stop 13602)
- Schnitzer Parking Lot (Stop 13602)