Transit services to OHSU includes TriMet, Portland Streetcar, C-TRAN and Portland Aerial Tram.
TriMet, Streetcar and C-Tran all use a fare system called Hop. The Tram is not part of the Hop system.
Park and Rides offer free parking at over 60 transit locations.
All public transit is ADA accessible.
Explore resources by transit service or OHSU destination below.
TriMet provides bus, light rail and commuter rail throughout the Portland metro region including Marquam Hill, South Waterfront and OHSU sites throughout Multnomah, Washington and Clackamas counties.
Portland Streetcar provides streetcar service throughout Portland's central east and west sides including South Waterfront and Portland Aerial Tram.
- For the general public, Streetcar is $2.50 for 2.5 hours; TriMet fare is valid on Streetcar, but not vice versa. See Portland Streetcar fare.
- An OHSU badge and/or OHSU Hop Card is valid fare on Streetcar.
C-Tran Express bus provides peak hour bus service from Vancouver, WA to the Portland metro region including Marquam Hill. C-Tran additionally provides local service in the Vancouver, WA metro area.
Portland Aerial Tram
Portland Aerial Tram travels between Marquam Hill and South Waterfront. The South Waterfront terminal is serviced by TriMet bus, light rail and Portland Streetcar. The Marquam Hill terminal is serviced by TriMet and C-TRAN bus.
- For the general public, Portland Aerial Tram is $5.65 per day. See more fare options and purchase at gobytram.com/fare.
- Patients and their visitors may request courtesy tickets from their clinic or any OHSU concierge desk.
- An OHSU badge is valid fare on Portland Aerial Tram.
Marquam Hill is accessible via a five-minute ride by tram. See South Waterfront transit connections on this page to take transit to South Waterfront and then the Tram to Marquam Hill.
Routes to Marquam Hill
TriMet 8-Jackson Park/NE 15th is frequent service. On weekdays, its first arrival is 5:50 a.m and its final departure is 12:13 a.m. The OHSU Hospital is Stop ID 5028.
Take TriMet and C-TRAN lines to Marquam Hill:
- 61-Marquam Hill/Beaverton
- 64-Marquam Hill/Tigard
- 65-Marquam Hill/Barbur Blvd
- 66-Marquam Hill/Hollywood
- 68-Marquam Hill/Collins Circle
- C-TRAN Express 190
TriMet express lines run during the morning and afternoon peak times.
Destinations by building
Select a location below to plan your trip by TriMet.
- Baird Hall (Stop 5032)
- BICC Library (Stop 5032)
- Building 28 (Stop 10612)
- Campus Services Bldg (Stop 9488)
- Casey Eye Institute (Stop 868)
- CDRC (Stop 1947)
- Dillehunt Hall (Stop 5032)
- Doernbecher Children's (Stop 10176)
- Dotter Institute (Stop 1947)
- Emma Jones Hall (Stop 5027)
- Energy Management Ctr (Stop 1947)
- EMERGENCY (Stop 5028)
- Gaines Hall (Stop 1949)
- Hatfield Research Ctr (Stop 5032)
- Kohler Pavilion (Stop 5028)
- Lamfrom BRB (Stop 5032)
- Mackenzie Hall (Stop 5032)
- Medical Research Bldg (Stop 5032)
- Modular Office Bldg (Stop 10176)
- Multnomah Pavilion (Stop 5028)
- OHSU Auditorium (Stop 5032)
- OHSU Hospital (Stop 5028)
- OHSU Student Ctr (Stop 10176)
- Physical Plant (Stop 5032)
- Physicians Pavilion (Stop 5028)
- Richard T. Jones Hall (Stop 5032)
- Sam Jackson Hall (Stop 5032)
- School of Nursing (Stop 9488)
- Shriner's Hospital (Stop 5027)
- Transportation & Parking (Stop 5032)
- VA Medical Center (Stop 5975)
- Vollum Institute (Stop 5032)
The South Waterfront Campus is accessible via a five-minute ride by tram. See Marquam Hill transit connections on this page to take transit to Marquam Hill and then the Tram to South Waterfront.
Routes to South Waterfront
Take TriMet and Streetcar lines to South Waterfront:
- Portland Streetcar (all lines)
- TriMet Max Orange Line
- TriMet 9-Powell Blvd
- TriMet 17-Holgate/Broadway
- TriMet 35-Macadam/Greeley
- TriMet 36-South Shore
Additional transit lines are accessible via the Gibbs Street Pedestrian Bridge. The bridge connects from S.W. Gibbs and Kelly in the Lair Hill Neighborhood to S.W. Moody and Gibbs at the Tram. The following TriMet lines are walkable from the Gibbs and Tilikum bridges:
Destinations by building
There are transit stops near each OHSU building in South Waterfront:
- 3030 Moody (Stop 13728)
- Bike Plaza (Stop 12760)
- Center for Health and Healing (Stop 12760)
- Robertson Life Sciences Building (Stop 13728)
- Healthy Starts Children's Center (Stop 12760)
- Knight Cancer Research Building (Stop 13728)
- Macadam Warehouse (Stop 13183)
- Portland Aerial Tram Lower Terminal (Stop 12845)
- RiverPlace Marina Parking Lot (Stop 12379)
- Rood Family Pavilion (Stop 12760)
- School of Dentistry (Skourtes Tower) (Stop 13602)
- Schnitzer Parking Lot (Stop 13602)