OHSU is where aerial trams and world-class bridges connect people through canyons, river, forest, and neighborhoods.
To grow sustainably within the community, OHSU is committing to diverse transportation options to meet the challenges of an ambitious future. Below are plans, data, and recommendations developed by OHSU and third parties to address transportation challenges.
- OHSU TDM Plan
- OHSU Transportation Census
- Elevating People: Planning for Equitable Travel to Marquam Hill
- OHSU Night Access Plan
Resources for commuters and visitors
- www.ohsu.edu/visit - Transportation and Parking's homepage.
- www.ohsu.edu/commute - For people planning to commute for work and school.
- www.ohsu.edu/permit - Parking permits and online account.
- www.ohsu.edu/weather - Inclement weather resources and modified operations.
- www.ohsu.edu/transportation - The page you're on now.
URLs by mode
OHSU network access pages
Resources for people who work or learn at OHSU. Login required.
- o2.ohsu.edu/transportation-and-parking- Transportation and Parking resources for employees, students and departments
- o2.ohsu.edu/ridehome - Guaranteed Ride Home
- o2.ohsu.edu/mycommute - MyCommute Program registration and information
- ohsu.luum.com - OHSU MyCommute Program dashboard, hosted by Luum
- o2.ohsu.edu/scoop- OHSU's Scoop Carpool program
- o2.ohsu.edu/lyft- OHSU's Lyft ride hail resources
- o2.ohsu.edu/lyftoff- OHSU Lyft Off peak commuter program
- o2.ohsu.edu/parkingproject - Daily Parking Project
- o2.ohsu.edu/wageparking - Wage Based Daily Parking
- o2.ohsu.edu/guaranteedparking - Guaranteed Daily Parking
- Enforcement and appeals
- Parking permit management
- Fiscal and revenue
- Program management
- Facilities access
- Portland Aerial Tram
- Parking code
Data, plans and reports
Transportation Demand Management Plan
In 2017, OHSU worked with the community to create a plan to serve patients, guide growth, and attract and retain talent. Access is critical to OHSU's mission to provide equal access to healthcare, education, and research.
As more people make the journey to OHSU, this plan aims to help people experience a better journey.
OHSU Transportation Census
The goal of the OHSU Transportation Census is to listen directly to daily commuters, OHSU's employees, to improve accessibility for all. Each annual census involves over a thousand people randomly selected to answer roughly 20 questions. The anonymous results inform numerous OHSU projects and programs.
Planning for equitable travel to Marquam Hill
In 2018, OHSU teamed with Portland State University's Master of Urban and Regional Planning program to improve the experience of traveling to Portland's highest elevation campus.
See the final plan here.