Please visit GoByTram.com for directions, hours, and the latest tram updates.
The Portland Aerial Tram connects OHSU's South Waterfront and Marquam Hill Campuses. Passengers ride between S. Moody and Gibbs, adjacent to the Center for Health and Healing on the waterfront and Kohler Pavilion on Marquam Hill. Designed to handle severe weather conditions, the Tram runs year-round.
How to ride
OHSU patients and patient visitors:
Riding the tram is free for patients and patient visitors with a valid Patient pass. Patient passes can be requested from any clinic or OHSU concierge desk for the patient and their accompanying visitors. A Patient pass is valid for both the uphill and downhill trip.
Fares for the general public can be found at gobytram.com/fare. The HOP pass is not accepted as fare on the tram.
- The Tram is ADA-compliant and welcomes mobility-assistance devices.
- Four seats are available for people who need to sit.
- Service animals are welcome on the Tram. Non-service animals are not permitted.
The Tram is public transit. You can help make riding it a safe, enjoyable experience for everyone by following guidelines and courtesies. Some of those include:
- When the cabin is full, consider placing large bags at your feet.
- Allow first-time riders, especially children, to find room closer to a window.
- Bikes are welcome on board; please follow operator instruction for proper boarding, or use the free bike valet located at the Tram's lower terminal.