Portland Aerial Tram
Five week Tram closure in 2018
The Portland Aerial Tram will close for five weeks (38 days!) for track rope maintenance, from June 23 through July 30, 2018. Learn more about the closure and alternative options at gobytram.com/closure.
About the Tram
One of the only aerial commuter trams in the country, the Tram connects South Waterfront (SW Moody & Gibbs) to Marquam Hill (Kohler Pavilion).
The Tram will close for five weeks for track rope maintenance, from June 23 through July 30, 2018. Learn more about this closure and alternatives when the Tram is not operating at gobytram.com/closure.
- The Tram is designed to handle severe weather conditions.
- Service animals are welcome on the tram. Non-service animals are not permitted.
- Directions and parking.
- Bikes are welcome on the Tram. Free bike valet and Biketown bike share stations are located at the lower terminal. OHSU discount for Biketown.
For events, tours, images and more visit gobytram.com.
ScheduleA cabin arrives, on average, every 7 minutes. Visit GoByTram.com for up-to-date Sunday service and holiday closures.
- Open 5:30am to 9:30pm Monday through Friday.
- Open 9am to 5pm Saturday
- Summer only: Open Sundays, 1pm to 5pm
The Tram has infrequent scheduled closures for necessary maintenance. See the full schedule of events and closures at GobyTram.com.
The tram is also closed on the following holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- President's Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
For health care providers
- Lab samples must be carried in approved containers.
- Conversations within the tram are not private. Be mindful of representing OHSU in public, OHSU's Code of Conduct, OHSU's Respect at the University training, and HIPPA. Wait until the ride is over to discuss sensitive or private information.
- The tram is public transit--not a form of patient transportation. Coordinate with Patient Transportation to move inpatients between South Waterfront and Marquam Hill. When possible, consider having the provider ride the tram to meet the inpatient.
- When the cabin is full, consider placing large bags at feet. And first time riders, especially kids, may appreciate a spot near a window.
The tram is ADA compliant and welcome to wheelchairs and other mobility-assistance devices. 4 seats are available for people who need to sit.
|OHSU Courtesy Ticket
||OHSU patients & personal visitors may obtain a courtesy ticket from their health care provider or an OHSU concierge desk. OHSU has pre-paid for OHSU courtesy rides. Departments may order tickets in bulk.|
||$4.70||Tram lower terminal ticket machines located behind the base of the tram.
|Children 6 & under
||OHSU has pre-paid for rides made with an OHSU badge.
|Tram Annual Pass
||$100||Purchase at OHSU Transportation & Parking Customer Service.
|TriMet annual & monthly passes
||Purchase through TriMet's website. Please note that Hop Fastpass is not honored.
|Portland Streetcar annual pass
||Purchase through Portland Streetcar's website.
|C-TRAN annual & monthly passes
||Purchase through C-Tran's website.